End of year sports roundup

Softball, track, and baseball come to a close
End of year sports roundup

As the school year comes to an end, so do spring sports. The 2024 spring season for both softball and track was very successful.

The girls softball team made it to the D10 semi-finals, where they lost 6-9 against the Harbor Creek Huskies. The girls ended their season with one of the best records Corry has seen in years, being 17-3.

Corry Track and Field had a phenomenal season, with 10 athletes qualifying for states. With the girls 4×8 team- Haleigh Bayle, Jorden Fox, Haley Mumau, and Camryn Fox, as well as Ariel Knapp for the alternate. Overall the girls placed fifth. Marleigh Martin and Grace Allen both for triple jump. Both of them broke a school record that had been standing for over 20 years. Marleigh broke it first with Grace breaking Marleigh’s just minutes after. Blake Cook participated in 110 hurdles, Nolan Carey for javelin, and Lindsey Hasbrouck for discus. Lindsey competed very well, placing third in the state.

Corry Boys Baseball ended their season with a record of 3-15, under the new coaching of Head Coach Cirgliano, Coach Callan Vance, Nick Brundage, and Aaron Cressley.

At this time, all spring sports have come to a close, allowing athletes to have a break before their summer sports start up. I would like to congratulate all athletes, especially the 2024 Seniors.