Unified track team makes Corry proud

Mrs. Pound and Mrs. Walls are our great head coaches and staff that are in charge of Corry’s unified track team. Unified track is still a PIAA sport that everyone can compete in. This gives a chance to kids who are disabled to have a time to shine, along with being able to participate in a highly competitive sport.

The season starts roughly around the beginning of April and ends around the middle/end of May. The team holds practices at the Corry Area Middle-High School. Their surrounding competition is within the northwest region.

The Corry unified track team recently competed at IUS T&F Regional. Corry came in fifth place with a total of 47 points, coming in behind Central Valley with 55 points. The first place team was General McLane with 71 astonishing points.

Corry’s top times consist of: Ryan Mather running a 19.19 in the 100m for the boys, and Aubrey Chase running a 15.47 for the ladies. The 400m fastest time was held by Ethan Artice, running a 1 min, 2.84. The long jump top jump was held by Ty Rasey, 4m 72.00. Overall, the whole team did exceptionally well.

The team has a championship meet coming up today since it got pushed back from its original date.