Kendrick Lamar responds to Drake in ‘euphoric’ fashion

Tuesday April 30, 2024, Kendrick Lamar tweeted a link to a six minute YouTube video titled “Euphoria.” Fans of Kendrick were surprised to hear Kendrick firing warning shots at Drake. The six minute song has three different beats.

This diss track is very cutthroat, saying things against Drake that no one has ever tried to acknowledge. Starting at the date it was released, April 30, is a shot at Drake because April 30 is the day of the child. By doing this, Kendrick Lamar is silently talking about allegations against Drake having inappropriate relationships with individuals who are under age. He starts the song with “I make music that electrify ’em, you make music that pacify ’em.” According to Genius, pacify is a double entendre saying that Drake’s music puts people to sleep, but also relates it to a baby pacifier, as a connection to the previously discussed topic of allegations against Drake. Later in the song Kendrick addresses an open case that Drake paid off stating, “Have you ever paid 500 thou’ like to an open case.” This relates to a case in 2019 where Drake was accused of sexual assault, and paid off the victim to drop the charges.

Kendrick continues the heat saying “The very first time I shot me a Drac’, the homie had told me to aim it this way/ I didn’t point down enough, today I’ll show you I learned from those mistakes.” Lamar uses another double entendre with saying Drac’ talking about shooting a draco pistol, a common street weapon, and also firing shots at Drake for the first time.

Kendrick says “Cole and Aubrey (Drake) know I’m a selfish [expletive deleted]/The crown is heavy, huh/I pray they my real friends, if not I’m YNW Melly.” He says this because he considers Drake and Jcole as acquaintances, but he is saying if they are fake, he will go to the furthest extent like YNW Melly, who killed his two best friends. Lamar then addresses the beef between Drake and Pusha T in which Drake lost.

Kendrick states “Yeah, [expletive deleted] all that pushing P, let me see you push a T/You better off spinnin’ again on him, you think about pushin’ me/He’s Terrence Thornton I’m Terrence Crawford yeah, I’m whoopin’ feet.” What Lamar is saying in this line is Drake lost the beef against Pusha T, and compared to Pusha, Kendrick is an MMA fighter, so he is going to beat the daylights out of Drake.

Lamar finishes the song harshly, stating Drake does not actually like women, “When I see you stand by Sexyy Red, I believe you see two bad [expletive deleted]/I believe you don’t like women, it’s real competition, you might pop [expletive deleted] with em’.” Kendrick also calls Drake a bad father by saying “Y’all think all my life is rap?/That’s [expletives deleted], I got a son to raise, but I can see you don’t know nothin’ bout that/Wakin’ him up, know nothin’ bout that/Then tell him to pray, know nothing bout that.” In this portion of the verse Lamar is saying Drake is not in his son’s life enough, calling him a bad father. He pronounces “that” like “dot,” an entendre, which makes fun of the Toronto accents, but also says Drake doesn’t know what he is capable of.

This is just a warning shot from Lamar, meaning if Drake responds, this beef will go on for a lot longer. Fans are now prepping themselves to hear a response.