• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Cirigliano joins CAHS coaching staff

This year the CAHS baseball team has a new head coach. They have yet to have their first game. The new baseball coach is serious, but can have some fun at the same time. He is not just coaching so we can have a season, but to win games. Approaching the beginning of the baseball season, we had a coach, but they quit last minute because they had to put in extra hours for their actual job.

Players didn’t really know if they were going to have a season, so Coach C came in and saved the day. He is also the assistant basketball coach, so he is known by some of the players. He is a good coach, he is very smart and nice. He knows all of his players pretty well.

This is what the coach had to say about how he got the job: “Initially, I heard it was open again during basketball season and after some discussion with my wife, I decided to apply and see where it would go,” Cirigliano said. “Like any job there is proper procedure when applying. So I began by contacting and meeting with the athletic director, during that time we discussed my coaching philosophy and expectations I would have for the baseball team, during which we realized our ideas were in line with each other. From there I met with the Mr. Daniels and Mr. West and had a formal interview, during this time we discussed at length what the coaching staff would look like, and that same day I received a call offering me the position.”

Another question I asked was how the season is going so far.  “I believe we have talent on this team that will lead us to quality baseball,” Cirigliano said. “If we can attack the baseball early in counts, when we see our pitch, I have no doubt we will put pressure on the opposing team. During our first scrimmage against NW(North Western) we walked way to many batters and that was due to the fact that we got behind in the count too early, we need first pitch strikes, that changes the landscape of an entire at bat and also the inning. If we can do those two things, along with playing with confidence I believe we will compete! I have seen nice progress to this point in the year, and hope that will continue, we have the pieces, now we just have to put it together!”