• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Corry girls swimmers head to PIAA State Meet

Five varsity swimmers headed to Bucknell for the PIAA state swim meet, Wednesday, March 13, after the middle and high school sent them off with a walk-through. Seniors Alli Goodwill, Taylor Moats, and Makenzie Spence were accompanied by sophomores Mahra Goodwill and Rachel Moats. The five returned to Bucknell to compete for the second year in a row.

The swimmers arrived at Bucknell on Thursday, but did not compete until Friday and Saturday (for Spence). On Friday at 10:30, they took to the pool and swam the Medley relay. The relay consists of Rachel Moats doing the backstroke, Alli Goodwill in the breaststroke, Spence in the butterfly, and Mahra finishes with the freestyle. The team was able to get 31 place this past season. Last year at Districts the same team went 1:55 and broke the record, since then they have been close but unable to beat their previous record. Spence swam her individual event Saturday, which was the 100 backstroke. She competed at the state meet in this event both last year and this year.

Senior Alli Goodwill mentioned how special the experience was. She noted how, “It’s pretty cool because there’s a lot of competition, crazy time drops, [and] records broken.”

Overall, the girls had a great experience and shared a memorable experience. From the ride down, to coloring both their hair and their coaches hair, the senior trio specifically was able to fully embrace their last high school state meet.