‘Vultures 1’: Album of the year?

Three months into 2024, there have been multiple great albums that have come out in the past three months. This includes albums from the likes of Yeat, Kyle and Ye West. These albums are definitely all influential on how music will be seen in the future, but one thing is for sure, Ye tops everyone.

“Vultures 1” by Ye West was released on February 10, 2024. After waiting months for its release, fans everywhere waited with excitement until the very minute it dropped. This album takes an odd turn from the past few albums from West. In recent years, West has been on a more gospel and religious side of music productions, but this is not how his new project is at all.

“Vultures 1” has a more dark and mysterious feeling to it, being about Ye feeling bad for things he’s said in the past, and also not caring about what the media wants to say about him.

West composes many different types of songs in this new album, like “STARS,” which is mainly him apologizing and showing his regret for what he said. Although the first few songs are slow, the album quickly turns intense at around track eight, titled “PAPERWORK.”

After track eight, the album goes into a more darker feel, where Ye finally starts talking about how he does not want to apologize fully, and how the media taking what he says out of proportion is what helped him become so famous. This second half is also where the song “CARNIVAL” features names like Playboi Carti and Rich the Kid. This song has been topping the Billboard Hot 100 for being on the chart for all four weeks since it has been out, and also being at one for almost two weeks. Ye has so much more prepared for future albums, and this one is just a preview on what might be the future of music.

4/5 stars