• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Wrestlers compete at Districts

The Corry Beavers took 11 wrestlers to the District tournament this past weekend, located in Sharon. In order for the wrestlers to qualify for Districts, they needed to place 7th place or better at Sections, which took place the previous weekend. The following wrestlers qualified for the District tournament: Wyatt Swan (107), Carson Braswell (114), Steven Willis (121), Marcus Meredith (127), Isaiah Bayle (133), Will Allen, (139), Cody Proper (145), Lamech Albers (152), Mason Savitz (172), Kael Albers (215), and Owen Nickerson (285).

Wrestling began on Friday and started up again at 9:30 on Saturday morning. With each progression the wrestlers make, the competition continually gets more difficult. Moving on from Districts to Regions this upcoming weekend are eight wrestlers. Wrestlers had to place top eight in order to move on to Regions. The athletes moving on are: Wyatt Swan, Carson Braswell, Steven Willis, Marcus Meredith, Will Allen, Cody Proper, Mason Savitz, and Kael Albers.

This weekend also marked a very important milestone for one wrestler: Junior Mason Savitz collected his 100 career win on Saturday after pinning his opponent from Sharpesville.

The wrestlers who qualified for the Region tournament will leave Friday to head back to Sharon for the two-day tournament.