• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!

Corry JV Girls Basketball end season undefeated in region

JV+girls+basketball+team.+Starting+at+the+top+from+left+to+right%3A+Haley+Mumau%2C+Rylee+Nickerson%2C+Regan+Kemp%2C+Grace+Allen%2C+Kaylee+Barber%2C+Lily+Light%2C+Alison+Yetzer%2C+Molly+Irwin%2C+Isabella+OConnor%2C+and+Leah+Mitchell.+
Shanny Kuzma
JV girls basketball team. Starting at the top from left to right: Haley Mumau, Rylee Nickerson, Regan Kemp, Grace Allen, Kaylee Barber, Lily Light, Alison Yetzer, Molly Irwin, Isabella O’Connor, and Leah Mitchell.

The Corry JV Girls Basketball team won a close home game against Franklin 28-27 last Thursday. This game gave JV an undefeated record (6-0) in region games.

The team improved to 15-3 after Franklin, and then played their final game against Titusville last Saturday. It was an away game, which they won to end the season 16-3.

JV star Regan Kemp had this to say about the season: “The whole year we played very aggressively, and we never let our competitors get to us. We had some players step up and really save us in some sticky situations. I am really proud of how we did.”

Bella O’Connor said this about their season: “We did very good. We kept up our work ethic. We proceeded to go undefeated and not let anyone break are competitive barrier.” Both girls have high hopes for next season, and in the off-season hope to improve their game.

Coach Karalee Kemp had this to say about the season: “The girls put in the work all season long, and played unselfish team basketball. Those were the keys to their success.”

Next year the girls will be without Haley Mumau and Rylee Nickerson as they will be playing varsity ball next year, but this news won’t give the girls any less hope of having another stellar year.