• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Beavers fall to Dragons in first playoff game

On Thursday, the boys basketball team headed down to Meadville to play against the Warren Dragons in the first round of the playoffs.

The starting line-up for the Beavers was: sophomore forward #12 Landon Deane, senior forward #15 Markus Lambert, senior guard #23 Rylan Smith, junior point guard #3 Karson Chamberlin, and sophomore guard #2 Kamdyn Moon.

The starting line-up for the Dragons was: junior #2 Chase Sitler, senior #3 Brady Berdine, senior #10 Tommy Nyquist, senior #23 Braylon Barnes, and senior #33 Konnor Hoffman.

The game started off at 7:30 and the Dragons came into the game with an overall record of 18-5 and the Beavers with an overall record of 11-9. The spotlight chosen for the game by Deej Experience Broadcasting was sophomore Kamdyn Moon for his strong offensive play throughout the season.

Smith won the tip off for the Beavers to start off the game. Eventually the Beavers had a turnover, and from the Dragons, Hoffman got a rebound from his own team earning the Dragon two points to start off the game. Corry stuck with Warren in the first quarter but kind of lost their rhythm towards halftime with the score being 35-18, the Dragons taking the lead into the second half of the game. The Dragons beat the Beavers, taking home a win and earning a spot in the next round of playoffs. The ending score was 72-52, and the JV team from the Beavers had a chance to come in and play for the last couple of minutes on the clock, showcasing next year’s team.

The ending stats for the might from Warren: Hoffman leading with 22 points, Berdine with 20 points, Barnes with 11 points, Nyquist with 6 points, Sitler with 3 points, and Lucas Thrift with 3 points. For Corry the ending stats were: leading with 23 points was Lambert, Deane with 7 points, Moon with 6 points, Nick Scouten with 6 points, Jack Albers with 4 points, Smith with 4 points, and Cameron Ricketts with 4 points.

The plays of the game chosen by Deej Experience Broadcasting was: offensive play went to Scouten for his two 3-pointers that he contributed from coming off the bench for the last  couple minutes of the game. Defensive play of the game went to Chamberlin for taking a charge early on in the first quarter. Then finally the player of the game went to Lambert to lead the team with the most points, and for his hard work that he showed throughout his last season with the Beavers.