• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!
  • May 13Friday, May 17, is Mental Health Awareness Day, Coming Together to End the Stigma at Union City High School

Lovely Lily

Lovely+Lily

Lily Jane Kent, born November 10, 2008, in Corry, PA, she has lived in Corry all her life, from starting at Corry Primary School all the way to Corry High School. “Although I do not like school, I enjoy going to see my friends.” Along with two younger siblings, her brother and sister: Miranda, the youngest, being 6; and Conner, the middle child, being 13. Lily is the oldest, being 15.

During her free time, she loves to sing, horseback ride, and play softball. She has been playing softball since she was in kindergarten, for about 10 years. She has always told me she loves softball a lot and that it has always been a sport that her and her dad do together. “My idea of a perfect date is a night drive or laying under the stars.”

When Lily is older and out of school, she would like to move out West and live in Barndominium with a big pole barn and a couple horses. She does not have a job, but would like to get one. Lily would like to travel to Alaska with her dad to see the Aurora Borealis. For an upcoming vacation, she would like to go somewhere where she can just relax and have fun. If Lily could go anywhere on vacation, she would like to go, “somewhere on a beach sunbathing.”

Lily does not have a favorite song, but she does love to listen to Carrie Underwood, her favorite artist. Her favorite color is blue, and she loves the movie “Pitch Perfect.” She is always happy or excited about something. Lily’s favorite quote is, “Everything happens for a reason.” If Lily were to eat her favorite food, she would be eating, macaroni and cheese. She does not like it when people wake her up from sleeping because, “I love to sleep and I don’t like getting up.”

When Lily Kent was asked, “What piece of advice would you give your readers?” she replied with, “A piece of advice I would give to my readers is don’t stress over it, because in the end it all comes together the way God has planned.”