Laudable LaRoe

Mr. LaRoe
Kenzie Knight
Mr. LaRoe

Mr. LaRoe is the new truancy officer at Corry Area Middle-High School. Get to know him! He is originally from Fort Worth, Texas, but moved to his wife’s hometown Corry to settle down. LaRoe has three kids that go to the same school he works at. One is 13 and the twins are 12. As a truancy officer, his job is to make sure kids are going to school and keeping them under the limit of days missed.

Video games are one of Mr. LaRoe’s favorite pastimes, especially the “Final Fantasy” games. His favorite book was one he read in school called, “Understanding Comics” by Scott McCloud. Recently, he has been enjoying the Marvel movies. His favorite food is curry and his favorite color is blue. He enjoys electronic music and his biggest pet peeve is when people are dishonest. If he were to match his personality to an animal it would be a cat.

Some fun facts about LaRoe is that he has been to 21 countries and his next stop is Canada. He was even in newspaper class in high school and later he was an editor and writer for the “Middle of Nowhere” magazine. His favorite thing to see people do is to go out of their way to be nice to one another. One thing that I personally noticed about Mr. LaRoe while interviewing him was that he is a very kind and caring person. He even said that he likes to stand by the doors as students and coming in, stand in the cafeteria at lunch, and even stand by the busses as students leave. He does this because he wants the students to know he is a nice guy and a familiar face.

When Mr. LaRoe was in high school he played soccer, football, and baseball. Growing up, his favorite subject in school was science because it was orderly and makes sense. He graduated from Jones International University. LaRoe was in the Air Force for 20 years and played on their soccer team. He even lived in Japan for five years. If he were to go again he would just love to sight-see and enjoy his stay.  His first job as a 15-year-old was flipping burgers at “Burger Street.” He later moved on to other jobs such as: the Residence Manor manager, door greeter at Walmart, mailman, and program integrity analyst.

When asked what advice he would give to his readers he said, “Do the right thing. Tell the truth and everything will work out in the end.”