District 10 Wrestling Tournament results

Corry’s Wrestling team heads to Sharon to compete in the D10 Tournament

The Corry Beavers Varsity Wrestling team went down to Sharon over the weekend to compete in the D10 tournament.

The winner of this tournament will go to Hershey and the runner up will still be in the state bracket. The runner up will have “wrestle off” or also known as “pig tail” in order to make it to states. They started wrestling at 11 a.m. on Saturday, and continued wrestling for the rest of the day. The Beavers came home with a  , and they got  points.

Those on the team that potentially were going to wrestle were; freshman Wyatt Swan weight class 109, freshman Carson Braswell weight class 114, senior Logan Hodak weight class 121, sophomore Steven Willis weight class 127, junior Isaiah Bayle weight class 133, junior Will Allen weight class 139, junior Cody Proper weight class 145, freshman Lamech Albers weight class 152, sophomore Cooper Hodak weight class 160, junior Mason Savitz weight class 172, junior Kael Albers weight class 215, and Owen Nickerson weight class 285.

The first team that the Beavers wrestled was Grove City, which was in the quarterfinals of the tournament. The wrestlers K. Albers, O. Nickerson, S. Willis, L. Hodak, W. Allen, and L. Albers all pinned their opponents in that match. C. Proper, C. Braswell, W. Swan, I. Bayle, C. Hodak, and M. Savitz all took a loss for that match against the Eagles. At the end the Beavers won with the earning 45 points on the Eagles, and the ending score was 45-21.

The boys then advanced to the semi-finals going against Fort LeBeouf. W. Swan got a win, C. Braswell got a pin in overtime, L. Hodak got a win, W. Allen won by a medical forfeit by his opponent, and then K. Albers won by a forfeit. In the end the Beavers only scored 24 points, losing to the Bison with the score of 33-24.

The boys went home after the semis and are not eligible for states. They have one more match at Saegertown this coming Monday, but this match is not affiliated to anything within the state bracket so they can’t fight their way back to states as a team. At this point of the season it is now an individual post-season. This means that only individuals can win a way to states on their own and not affiliated with the team as a whole. There are no names mentioned yet on who will be going to states from the Corry Beavers.