• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!
  • May 13Friday, May 17, is Mental Health Awareness Day, Coming Together to End the Stigma at Union City High School

NFC Championship belongs to 49ers

NFC Championship belongs to 49ers

On Sunday, January 28, the San Francisco 49ers faced the Detroit Lions in San Francisco. The 49ers were the favorites going into this game with a record of 12-5; the Lions also had a record of 12-5, but the 49ers were the #1 seed.

The Lions scored first with a rushing touchdown from Jameson Williams and another one from David Montgomery. The 49ers kicker Jake Moody missed a 48-yard field goal. The score was 14-0 and the Lions were confident that they would win. Christian McCaffrey scored first for the 49ers. In the second quarter the Lions were looking good while they were up 24-7 at halftime.

In the third quarter the 49ers scored fast with a quick field goal to cut the lead to 14. The 49ers got the ball back and drove it down the field and got a Brandon Aiyuk touchdown. The Lions fumbled at the 25 yard line and Christian McCaffrey scored another touchdown. It was all tied up and the Lions had to punt the ball.

After a long drive down the field, the 49ers got a field goal to put them up by three. The Lions went for it on fourth down but couldn’t get it and the 49ers got the ball back. A long drive for the 49ers but they ended up getting a touchdown to put them up by 10. The Lions drove down the field and scored a passing touchdown. They tried to kick an onside kick, but it didn’t work and the 49ers came out on top 34-31.