My top 10 Valentine’s Day treats

February is best known for its holiday, Valentine’s Day. This day was created by Pope Gelasius. It was considered more of a religious holiday than a romantic one. But over time the meaning has changed and people focus more on the materialistic side of the holiday. Here are my top 10 favorite Valentine’s Day treats of the season:

10. Chocolate Covered Pretzels – Chocolate covered pretzel is a timeless treat that is shared a lot during this holiday. It is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. There are many variations and types you can make.

9. Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Hershey Kisses – Hershey kisses in general are a season-less candy that works for all. I love having Hershey Kisses especially at this time of the year because it is the holiday that best resonates with them and they are really good.

8. Sweethearts – Sweethearts are candies that are spread during the Valentines day season with small quotes about love on them. They usually are sold in multiples and they come in boxes. The candies are like sweet tarts and they come in many different flavors.

7. Lindor Chocolate Truffle – Lindor chocolate is uniquely ground and roasted. The chocolate is in a circle with a cream fill in the center. The cream has various flavors and kinds. I think that this candy is perfect for this holiday because it is something everyone would love and appreciate.

6. Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies – These sugar cookies are topped with a mix of pink and red sprinkles. I am a huge fan of these cookies, they are fun and are sweet with the perfect amount of salty that is barely noticeable.

5. Kinder Bueno – This candy is filled with hazelnut cream. It goes perfectly with any chocolate dessert, like chocolate donuts. These candies tend to gain more attention during this time, which is expected because they are an exciting experience that many do enjoy.

4. Chick-Fil-A Heart Boxes – I like the way that Chick-Fil-A made a spin on the original chocolate heart boxes, and made it focus on how good their food is. They offer this box with cookies, nuggets, and chick-n-minis. They provide a lot of selection, and it is a fun thing to expect every February.

3. Pillsbury Heart Shaped Cookies – These cookies are seasonal and they are also manufactured during other holidays, like Christmas. The cookies are very viral and trendy. They personally earned that because they are really good and very easy to make.

2. Assorted Chocolate Box – This is a classic that everyone is familiar with. When people think of Valentine’s Day, this is usually the first thought that comes along with it. The candies are an assortment of flavors and different kinds. The variety is encouraging to help the consumer finish the box to experience every single piece of different chocolate.

1. Chocolate Covered Strawberries – I think that chocolate covered strawberries are the best Valentine’s Day treat to exist. The fruit is in general delicious, but adding chocolate over top really completes it in general. They are truly timeless and they are something I look forward to every year.