• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!

Lady Beavers impress at swim invitational

Saturday, January 13, the girls swim team competed in the 36th annual North East Girls Invitational, earning 101 points and placing fifth overall. Although Cathedral Prep stayed at the top, the girls still performed their best and ended up dropping times as well as some becoming top individual performers.

Starting off, the Beavers were led by sophomore Rachel Moats who ended up sixth place in her 100 butterfly as well as 15th place in her 100 backstroke, while her sister Taylor Moats finished 11th in the 500 freestyle and seventh in the 200 freestyle. Senior Alli Goodwill was eighth in the 100 breaststroke and placed 10th in the 200 IM. Following in her footsteps, Mahra Goodwill added 10th place finishes in both the 50 and 100 freestyle.

Senior and top individual performer Mackenzie Spence finished third making it on the podium in the 100 backstroke. She also ended up placing fourth in the 100 butterfly. Overall, during her performances she ended up getting five podium finishes.

Braylyn Gerdy placed 36th in the 50 freestyle and 41st in the 100 while Izzy Kellogg was right behind her, placing 45th in the 50 and 51st in the 100 of those same events. Now for our last distance swimmer, Addison Schwabenbauer made 23rd place in the 500 freestyle and 30th in the 200 freestyle.

With rallying the girls together they were able to break records and take names. The girls who ended up making the podium for third place during the 200 medley relay were Rachel Moats, Alli Goodwill, Mackenzie Spence, and Mahra Goodwill. With a time of 1:57.78, they ended up ranking second in school history. What helped the team with their fifth place stand was the final event, 400 freestyle relay and placing 4th overall. The swimmers who took place in this relay were Taylor Moats, Rachel Moats, Mahra Goodwill, and Mackenzie Spence.