• April 22Decision Day Event is Friday, May 3, at 1:30 p.m. in the East Gym!

Corry Beavers slay Warren Dragons

Wrestling team gets an astonishing victory

Wednesday, January 17, the Corry wrestling team traveled to take on the Warren Dragons. Middle school started at 6 p.m., with varsity following at 7. The spotlight came on promptly at 7 p.m. as fans discussed who they thought would win.

The match started off at 127 pounds, with Corry’s Steven Willis getting a pin against Dragon Trey Carrington. Isaiah Bayle had a first period pin, Will Allen a  14-2 major decision, Cody Proper a tech-fall, (winning by a margin of 15 points or more), Cooper Hodak a pin, Lamech Albers and Mason Savitz both had tech-falls, Landon Nickerson a decision, Kael Albers and Owen Nickerson with pins, Wyatt Swan collected a forfeit at 107 pounds, Carson Braswell a decision, and Logan Hodak had a major decision win over Ryan Fitzsimmons.

The Beavers ended up beating the Warren Dragons with an astonishing 65-0 final match score. Warren’s head coach Glenn Baldensperger congratulated Corry in an interview with the Warren Newspaper saying, “Hats off to Corry…Great example of what quality time and paying your dues can do for a group of kids.”

The Beavers also competed in a first annual Beaver Brawl this past Saturday (January 20). Updates on the tournament will be given in a later article.