Poll: What is your favorite color out of the rainbow?

Most people’s favorite colors are in the rainbow, or are other shades of those colors. A common question that everyone is asked when someone wants to get to know them is “What is your favorite color?” I wanted to know this answer, so I asked 50 students and staff what their favorite color out of the rainbow was. The colors I used were red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. 

I found out that 24% of the people chose red, 10% chose orange, 4% chose yellow, 6% chose green, 38% chose blue, 6% chose indigo, and 12% chose violet. It is no surprise that the majority was blue. How many times have you asked a person what their favorite color was and they responded with some kind of blue? I believe that most people favor it because blue is very calming. Blue creates a sense of ease and relaxation. Because it is calming, blue is a common color found in rooms. 

Yellow had the least amount of votes. This could be due to the fact that yellow can be overpowering and at some times, ugly. The color is just very in your face and bright, which is the complete opposite of blue. 

Something I found interesting was that some people did not even know what the color indigo was. Some may call it another shade of blue or purple, but when they asked what it was, more people than I expected voted for it. 

Personally, I am on the violet team. I love how many shades there are and the whole mood it creates in general. 

I want to thank those who took the time to answer my question.