Bengals beat Jaguars

On Monday, December 4, the Cincinnati Bengals played the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville. The Bengals record was 5-6 and the Jaguars were 8-3. The Jaguars were expected to win but that wasn’t the case Monday night.

The Jaguars were the first and only ones to score in the first quarter with Travis Etienne Jr. rushing in from the 4 yards out. Then the Bengals scored early in the second quarter with Joe Mixon running it in from the 10 yard line. Then the Jaguars scored again with Evan Engram scoring a 24 yard touchdown to make the score 14 – 7 with the jaguars having a lead. But that didn’t last long because the Bengals drove right down the field to even the score before halftime with a two yard Joe Mixon touchdown.

In the third quarter the Bengals had a big play with Jake Browning throwing a deep ball to Ja’marr Chase for a touchdown. But the Jaguars quickly scored with a Trevor Lawrence touchdown pass to Parker Washington. The Jaguars defense was able to make a play with Josh Allen getting a interception which led to Trevor Lawrence to a one yard touchdown run.

In the fourth quarter the Bengals were the first to score tying the game 28-28. When the Jaguars were driving down the field, Trevor Lawrence got injured and had to get helped off the field and didn’t return to the game. The Jaguars tried a field goal but missed, which gave the ball back to Bengals on the 47 yard line. But they had to settle for a field goal to put them up 31-28 with 2:28 left in the fourth. the Jaguars drove down the field to get a field goal with 26 seconds left.

In overtime the Jaguars got the ball first and were putting together a good drive, but they got a penalty, which led to a turnover on downs. It gave the Bengals good field position, which led to them hitting a game winning field goal.