• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!

Chicago Bears beat Minnesota Vikings on Monday Night Football

The Chicago Bears had a hard fought game that they ended up winning. The final score was 12-10. A low-scoring game that was won defensively. They have improved to 4-8 keeping their hopes alive for the rest of the season. Justin Fields had a decent but not eye catching game as he went 27-37 with 217 yards. However, he did have two fumbles in the fourth quarter, but he had a connection to D.J. Moore that led the Bears down the field for the game-winning field goal. D.J. Moore continued to have game after game with very good stats. He had 11 receptions for 114 yards. This game was the game that pushed D.J. Moore to yet another 1,000 yard season.

The big part to winning for the Bears was the turnovers. They forced four interceptions from Joshua Dobbs. T.J. Edwards, Kyler Gordon, Jaquan Brisker, and Jaylon Johnson all had an interception. Montez Sweat, the newly acquired Bear, had 1.5 sacks. The rookie undrafted corner Tyrell Smith was filling in for Tyrique Stevenson as he was hurt for this game. Smith led the team in tackles with eight. The stud outside linebacker T.J. Edwards had six tackles and the other outside linebacker Tremaine Edmunds had five.

Although the Bears have struggled this season, this was a big divisional win that could lift up the locker room spirit and maybe push this team to go on a run and win their last five games. The Bears have a bye week this week and then they play the Lions, Browns, Cardinals, Falcons, and Packers. They may need a miracle, but if they keep playing this way, then they will win most, if not all of the games remaining.