• May 6Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
  • May 6There is No School for Students this Friday, May 10 due to a teacher In-Service Day

Lady Beavers season comes to an end

Corry Lady Beavers fall short in the first round of State Playoffs

On Tuesday November 6 the Corry Lady Beavers volleyball team traveled two hours to Beaver High School to play the Beaver Bobcats for the first round of PIAA class 2A State Playoffs.

The Beaver Bobcats are the WPIAL champs and were ranked No. 3 in the state. Beaver was standing still with the record of  20-0 as Corry closed their season with the ratio of  15-3, the Saturday before Beaver High School faced Freeport High School taking the win and earning the title of District Champs.

The girls battled through a 4-set match, losing set one 25-11, winning  set two 25-15, and losing both sets three and four with the scores of 26-24 and 25-21. Throughout the game there were many great plays with some substantial digs from the Lady Beavers.  The Deej Experience player of the game was Aubrey Chase.

The Lady Beavers were dismissed from school on Tuesday at 12:45 p.m. after their walk through and send off through the school hallways at 12:30.