Beavers best Bison on senior night

Corry football victory marks first win against Fort LeBoeuf in over a decade

On October 20, 2023, the Corry football team had a huge win against Fort LeBoeuf. The football team’s record is currently 3-5. The game was Senior Night as well, so the game mattered a lot to the team.

The team started to get hot really quick because of a defensive stop and great plays on the ball. Then on the next defensive drive Noah Fisher forced a fumble and the Beavers recovered the ball.

A few plays later the Bison were marching down the field until Austin Barr forced yet another fumble and the Beavers were able to recover the ball once again. The Beavers then started their offensive drive. Rylan Smith and Nolan Carey connected on a deep ball, Smith caught the ball one-handed for the touchdown. And just like that the Beavers are up 7-0.

Coming out of halftime, the Bison had the ball they were driving down the field and the quarterback kept it. Austin Barr went in for the tackle and he stripped the ball during the tackle. Gabe Scouten recovered it and the Beavers had the ball. On that same offensive drive, Nolan Carey scored a touchdown to put the Beavers up 14-0. Later in the game the Bison ended up getting a pass for a touchdown and the score was 14-7.

The last time the Corry Beavers won against Fort LeBoeuf was in 2012, but this time the Beavers took the victory. That is how the game ended and since it was senior night all of the seniors took their last walk down the center of the field together one last time.