• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!

Bogert’s road to retirement

Saying goodbye while also honoring one of our favorite administrators
Bogerts road to retirement

Let us all reminisce on the years that Susan Bogert has devoted to helping the students of Corry Area High School. For twenty five years she has worked tremendously hard to make sure that students would have opportunities and the experience to become extremely successful in the future. Until recently the students of Corry have been informed that she will be retiring after the 2023-2024 school year.

Twenty-five years ago Bogert started out as a regular school counselor, which she pursued for seven years. After that she moved on to become a pupil services administrator that continued for eight years. Since then she has been settled in the CTC wing as our school’s supervisor for vocational education. Because her administrative years have come to an end, this seems like the right time and place where we can look back and see what she has accomplished throughout the years.

Just a while ago, Bogert won an Educator Award as a thank you for being a wonderful guide to helping students throughout Business Week held by ACES. When asked what her biggest accomplishment was, she stated, “I think my biggest accomplishment has been to bring Career and Technical Education into the spotlight to help people understand that this is a great career option for many people.  It prepares you for whatever you choose– going to a 4-year college, a 2-year tech school, the military or right to work.  No matter what you choose, you always have a skill that you have learned that can’t be taken away from you and that you can use in your career and your personal life.”

Bogert has worked exceedingly well to open doors for students throughout the school. Just ten years ago she took part in creating The Health Care Technology Program, which caused many students to gravitate towards and graduate in the National Technical Honors Society.  She is grateful for the opportunity to bring career and technical education into the spotlight and that it has shone a light on different activities that the school has to offer.

When the year ends and Bogert’s new life begins, she was asked what she would be doing with all of her free time. She laughed and said that she is looking forward to a new beginning. She seems ecstatic, talking about pursuing an outdoor career as well as moving somewhere warmer so she can go on more motorcycle rides.

Although she is excited, she is also a little scared. As bittersweet as this feeling is, everyone is rooting for her and knows that she will excel in anything she puts her mind to. One thing that adds to that feeling is the students and faculty. Throughout her time here she had built so many relationships that are sometimes hard to part with. We will all miss her immensely and will wish her well when her year at CAHS comes to an end.