Cory Greenwood presents ’Your Story Matters’

“Every single one of you matters.”

On Tueday, Cory Greenwood presented “Your Story Matters” to Corry Middle-High school.

The assembly started off with Hannah Nicolaisen singing three songs and getting the student body involved. She went up and down the aisles singing Taylor Swift’s, “You Belong With Me.” The whole student body was on their feet, singing and swaying to the music. From the guitarist to the crowd, the room was electric.

After the three songs, Cory Greenwood entered the stage and introduced himself. His stories intrigued the audience and his character was outgoing as he began his presentation.

He caught the audience with an observation saying, “We’ve been wearing masks long before covid.”  This statement carried him into his message: we matter. He encouraged the crowd to seek guidance and help from trusted adults, friends, and family members.

Greenwood shared with the crowd the importance of letting people “close” to us, because relationships are vital to our lives. Throughout the entire presentation, he was interacting with the crowd and even getting a student involved.

Greenwood’s presentation reiterated the importance of our lives. Everyone struggles with things in their life, but none of us are alone.

Even though his message was serious and important to take to heart, he included light-hearted stories to keep the students interested. After one particular story about his daughter on a rollercoaster, he invited the students to find their “harness” in life. To find someone or a group that makes you feel safe and secure. Having supportive people can change the outcome of circumstances more than people realize.

On behalf of Corry Middle High School, we want to thank Cory Greenwood and his group in their presentation of “Your Story Matters.”