The pep assembly makes a big comeback!

Emma Minnick, Editor in Chief

Here at Corry High School, we have not had an indoor pep assembly since 2020 due to COVID 19 restrictions. This year, however, the homecoming pep assembly is coming back in a big way!

This year’s homecoming pep assembly is set for Friday, October 7th in the East Gym during 6th and 7th period. Students can expect the return of classic homecoming fare, as well as new and exciting activities thought up by our student council.

As usual, students will be able to watch and participate in all the activities. Keeping with tradition, the assembly will be hosted by Mr. Potocki, who will explain the rules and point distribution to ensure everyone has a fair chance of winning. Students can look forward to a rendition of the alma mater by the honors choir, a set by the marching band, and a performance by the cheerleaders.

The homecoming court will walk the gym in formal wear with their escorts while their court questionnaire is read. This will be an opportunity to see our homecoming king and queen candidates, and get to know them a little better.

As for games, whatever friendly competition takes place will be a surprise! All four high school grades will be competing based on spirit week participation, banner design, and total points won. Who will win this year’s pep assembly? Only time will tell, but one thing is certain: this festive event will put some pep in Corry’s step!

I would like to extend a big thank you to Ms.Carey, our student council, and all other students and faculty involved in organizing this event. Without these people, homecoming would not be possible!