Corry Girl of the Month honorees for the 2021-22 school year

From+left%3A+Madyson+Rivera%2C+Miranda+Nickerson%2C+Chloe+Anthony%2C+Olivia+Jaworski%2C+Taylor+Fenstermaker%2C+Haylee+Dyne%2C+and+Maleri+Mather.+The+honorees+gather+in+the+hallway+

Emma Minnick

From left: Madyson Rivera, Miranda Nickerson, Chloe Anthony, Olivia Jaworski, Taylor Fenstermaker, Haylee Dyne, and Maleri Mather. The honorees gather in the hallway

Emma Minnick, Editor

This past school year, seven seniors at Corry received the honor of being named “Girl of the Month.” These girls were given the honor due to their traits of scholarship, leadership, and citizenship.

Corry High School has been lucky enough to have our own Girl of the Month honorees throughout 2021 and 2022. The honorees from October 2021 to May 2022 are as follows: Madyson Rivera, Miranda Nickerson, Chloe Anthony, Olivia Jaworski, Taylor Fenstermaker, Haylee Dyne, and Maleri Mather.

In 1958, the Corry Business and Professional Women’s Club started the “Girl of the Month” program.  After honoring 300 girls, the organization disbanded in 1990. In 1997, the Beta Sigma Phi Sorority took over to continue the program, honoring about 190 girls to date. The Beta Sigma Phi Sorority is an international women’s organization led by Sandy Cromwell and DiAnn Bova.