“Wonder” what it is like to live like August Pullman

Cameron Brown, Reporter

Everyone is different in some way, may it be disease, health problems, etc. In the movie “Wonder,” August “Auggie” Pullman (Jacob Tremblay) is a child who was born with many problems and had many surgeries to help him see, look, and talk. Auggie doesn’t like what he looks like, but he finds a happy spot for how he is. His happy spot is he pretends he’s an astronaut in space. Auggie has an astronaut helmet that he wears when people stare. He has been home schooled since he started schooling, so he starts at normal school at Beecher Prep.

He meets three students and his principal before school starts. The students are Jack Will (Noah Jupe), Julian Albans (Bryce Gheisar), Charlotte Cody (Elle Mckinnon), and the principal is Mr. Tushman (Mandy Patinkin). The kids show Auggie around the school.

“What’s the deal with your face?” Julian asked.
“JULIAN!” Charlotte yelled.

It’s the first day at Beecher Prep and the first time August goes to a school. He gets stared down and talked about. He has a sister named Via (Izabela Vidovic) who is there for him and to talk. When she’s not there for him, he calls Via’s best friend Miranda (Danielle Rose Russell). Miranda is practically family to them. Via met a boy and they started dating. His name is Justin (Nadji Jeter), and he meets Via’s mom, Isabel (Julia Roberts) and Auggie while they are leaving for the store. Miranda gets a lead role in a play that Via wanted and when it came to the show, Miranda got sick and had Via cover for her.

Jack, Will, and August stopped being friends because he was talking about him in Mr. Brown’s (Daveed Diggs) class. When they wore there costumes to school, nobody touched August because they thought they would have gotten “The Plague.” When they wore their Halloween costumes, August said, “I’m going as Boba Fett,” then his dog Daisy puked on it so he went as Scream and Jack did not know and started saying mean things about August, then Jack and August talked about it and they became friends again.

My favorite quote from this movie is: “When giving the choice to be right or kind, choose kind.”

I would rate this movie a 5/5 and recommend it to everyone.