The end of an era

The end of an era

Rachael Hajec, Editor

As graduation is only a week away, I begin to feel excited and relieved, yet sad and awestruck, that the year is actually ending. With only a few days left of high school, I realize all of the experiences I’ve had, memories I have shared, people I have met, and especially all the things I have learned over the years. Since we were the first ever sixth graders to come up to the middle-high school they gave us all our Chromebooks and a little pin that said “Class of 2021.” One of my instant thoughts was how far away the year 2021 seemed, but now as I look back, it came a little too fast.

To share one of my favorite memories in high school I would have to say it would be bringing the homecoming dance back, and winning the best banner my junior year during the homecoming assembly. It was before COVID and everyone had so much school spirit, happiness, and laughter, and overall just good energy to be around. As COVID took away the end of my junior year, and a majority of my senior year (in person at least), I still enjoy looking back on this year as a great learning experience. Even though my friends and I were online and looking at each other over a computer screen, it made me realize how important it is to live in the moment and never take people or things for granted.

Since I will officially be a Corry High School graduate in a little over a week, my advice to any underclassmen would be not to just do your homework and work hard, but believe in yourself and trust and listen to your teachers and/or peers. Even if you don’t enjoy school that much just know there are people out there that want you to succeed and are willing to help, so be open to that opportunity, always.