Dr. Miller’s road to retirement

Mackenzie Ricketts

Dr. Miller has been working in education for 39 years and she decided it is time to retire because it is time for a new chapter. After she retires she will move into her new house with her husband. She is building a house on the Allegheny River. Dr. Miller plans on relaxing and enjoying the river after retirement.

Dr. Miller’s daily job consists of helping homeless students get supplies and clothes, administrating the cyber school program, and helping with kids whose parents teach them at home. Dr Miller’s favorite part about her job is helping kids be successful. She enjoys doing cyber school the most. Dr Miller does many helpful things at Corry Area Middle-High School. Although she enjoys her job very much, she is excited to retire.

Dr. Miller has visited many places consisting of Hawaii, Jamaica, Punta Cana, and Bermuda. She still has many places she wants to visit, so with all the time she’ll have after retirement is perfect. So far Dr. Miller knows she wants to go South in the winter time. She hopes to visit many more places, though.

Dr. Miller’s words of advice to people who are going into a job like hers is “Develop a strong connection with your students and you’ll go a long way.”

Thanks to Dr. Miller there were a variety of students throughout her 39 years of being here that were able to be helped and become successful.