PGA major tournament 2024

PGA major tournament 2024

May 16 through May 19 was one of the few major PGA Tour tournaments that happen every year. It took place in Louisville, Kentucky, at Valhalla Golf Club. The total prize pool was $18.5 million.

Each golfer shot 18 holes Thursday and tried their best to make each cut and make it to the final tournament day on Sunday. It was a close end with Bryson DeChambeau at -20. Xander Schauffele pulled through and won with a score of -21 from making a birdie to win it all, winning his first ever major tournament. Schauffele won a grand prize of $3.3 million.

The world’s top ranked golfer, Scottie Scheffler, found himself in some trouble while on his way to play in the second round of the tournament. There was an accident which resulted in parts of the road being blocked off in front of where the golfers had to enter the Golf Club. Scheffler drove around the scene to proceed into the tournament when he got pulled over. He claims he had no knowledge that a police officer grabbed onto his car to get his attention while driving around the scene, and Scheffler kept driving which led him to receive a felony assault towards a police officer. Scheffler was ultimately allowed to continue with the tournament and these events were excused and labeled as a misunderstanding.