Studious Sara Colwell

Haeleigh Bayle, Reporter

Recently, I have had the privilege of conducting an interview with freshman Sara Colwell and have enjoyed hearing a few things about her. Sara is a studious freshman who enjoys swimming, reading, spending time with her family, and playing volleyball. Her birthday is August 3, and she is fourteen years old.

When talking with Sara, I asked a few questions about the whole remote-schooling. When I asked if she would prefer to go back to school she said, “Absolutely!” However, she is taking advantage of this remote-schooling situation to stay comfy and cozy in her daily attire of a sweatshirt/hoodie and a pair of fuzzy pajama pants. That sounds like the perfect at-home schooling outfit to me! Some ways that Sara’s life has been impacted by the pandemic are that: she can’t play sports, there’s no in-person school, she can’t travel for the holidays; she basically can’t do her normal routine. She then followed up with, “So if I compare my normal life last year to this year…they are completely different, but I do enjoy the down time.”

During this Christmas season, Sara said that she has been getting into the Christmas spirit but “not as much as the years before because of Pennsylvania being on lock-down.” Her favorite Christmas movies are “The Polar Express,” “The Grinch,” (animated version) and “A Christmas Story.” Sara’s favorite Christmas song is “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer,” because she thinks it’s “really funny.” I decided to ask her favorite Christmas tradition and she responded with, “making a ton of food with my family.” One thing that I just had to ask was “What is your favorite Christmas cookie?” Sara responded that she loves the cookies that have the jelly in the middle and powdered sugar on them, although she can’t remember what they are called.

When asked what is one thing Sara would do if she went back in time, she would change “the fact that COVID happened.” She chose to change this event because it has greatly effected her.