Prom 2024 gives students an ‘Enchanted’ evening

Prom King Jack Hallberg and Prom Queen Alli Goodwill
Jamie Ditzler

On May 10, 2024, students at Corry Area High School had the day off to attend the Junior and Senior Prom. The weather was partly cloudy and was on and off throughout the day, but luckily the rain held off in the afternoon for students to take photos and line up for the parade.

The parade from CAPS to the Peek was full of fun surprises when a group of cars got lost behind a car that was not supposed to be a part of it. Because of that delay and there being several cars this year, the Prom Coronation and dinner was slightly delayed. 

Students were left confused when it was time to be introduced to the prom court. Instead of going on the back deck like last year, students had to go through side exits to stand outside in the cold beneath the deck. A lot of people complained of not being able to see or hear what was going on with the coronation. Alli Goodwill was crowned Queen and Jack Hallberg was crowned King. 

The decorations this year were very impressive with cute centerpieces on the table that had little bags with a mushroom charm, a bag of tea, and seeds to plant. This was very fitting for the “Enchanted Garden” theme. There also was really cool photo backgrounds and foliage wrapped around an archway and on the mantle of the Peek’s fireplace. 

A lot of people had mixed opinions on the music that the DJ played this year. I heard from some people that they enjoyed it while other people didn’t like it because they felt like they didn’t know any of the songs. Some of the most notable were “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga, “Superbass” by Nicki Minaj, “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield, “Murder on the Dancefloor” by Sophie Ellis-bextor, and “Downtown” by Macklemore. 

The menu at Prom this year included squared sandwiches, breakfast potatoes, sausage and bacon, scrambled eggs, and french toast. Along with that, they also had cookies and cheesecake. There was no syrup for the french toast, but there was hot sauce and ketchup provided. I asked a few people that attended Prom the following question: “How did you feel about the food at Prom?”

Ruthie Light answered, “I personally was not that big of a fan especially because there was no syrup for the french toast.” 

Willow Bowen responded, “I was disgusted. I felt like I was eating dry sponge bread. There was nothing sweet or savory about the dishes that were provided.” 

Lauren Thomas  said, “It was not one of my favorites…at all!”

All and all, this prom had a lot of highlights and was a fun night for many.