Luminous Lauren

Lauren+Thomas%2C+Soprano%2C+All-State+Chorus+
Willow Bowen
Lauren Thomas, Soprano, All-State Chorus

Lauren Thomas is a current Corry High School senior. She has been raised in Corry with her two older brothers and intends to go to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. As most people know, senior life can be busy, among her academic and work life, Lauren enjoys to sing in the school’s honor’s choir, at school events, and she even sings in her free time.

Along with singing, one of Lauren’s greatest passions is theater and performing in the school musical. Recently she starred in the lead role of Belle in the senior high production of “Beauty and the Beast.” Similarly, she loves to play basketball, will lift occasionally, and she boxes outside of school.

In her future, Lauren sees herself to be a neuropsychologist and traveling to as many places as she can. She does not have any specific vacation plans, but she would like to spend the summer in London and then branch out down the line to see all of the sights. When asked about her perfect date, she gave a lot of detail. She finds that going to the beach to watch the sunrise and hanging out with a picnic before leaving for a nap is the perfect start. Then getting ready and going to a museum, an art show, a concert, or “something of the sort” would be the perfect end. Some must-haves to bring along for the picnic are definitely avocados and cheese as they are tied for her favorite food. However, on this picnic avoid chewing and chomping too loudly on your gum with your mouth open, this happens to be her biggest pet peeve and probably will lead to that date being your last.

While she does have a lot of favorites, including sage green being her favorite color… she struggles to pick a favorite movie and song out of all of the options. However, her favorite quote is from her favorite artist, Juice WRLD when he said, “See the light through all the darkness.” Her favorite class, as many could guess, would be chorus because she “loves to sing and has the most fun in that class without all the stress of other classes.”

Overall, she would match her personality to an orange cat with her best piece of advice to be to “know your priorities.” She says that you need to find balance between things you want and have to do in order to make your life better, speaking from experience.