Top 10 best Indianapolis Colts players of all time

10. TY Hilton- TY is such an amazing player. He has four Pro Bowls, And he is ranked third in franchise history with 631 Catches, 9,691 yards, and 67.8 yards per game. TY is at 9,691 yards out of 10,000. If Hilton makes his way back to the Colts, he’ll be able to reach his10,00o yards accomplishment and that will make the Colts the only franchise to have three WR’s with 10,000 yards. After Hilton started to slowly lose talent because of his older age, the Colts decided to trade him off to the Dallas Cowboys. After having some time there, he is now released to be a Free Agent, but it’s rumored that he will be coming back to the team so that he can retire a Colt.

9. Marshall Fulk – Marshall served the Colts well. He was the star running back of the team at the time, but as we all know, good things have to come to an end at some point. Other players gained just a little more talent than he did and unfortunately he wasn’t the best RB on the team any longer. Fulk had four good seasons with the Colts. In his duration with the Indianapolis Colts he had earned himself three Pro Bowls, and three All Pro selections. Marshall also had a “Offensive Rookie of the Year” award, as well as three “Player of the Week” awards. He ranks second in the franchise with 5,320 rushing yards and 42 rushing touchdowns.

8. Andrew Luck-  Andrew was an amazing player for the Colts (Quarterback). He was with the Colts for a total of seven seasons. Luck had an impact with setting a record with the most rookie yards in a season and in a game. Andrew was the Colts first overall pick. He had the team set up with a 2-14 record previous to their 11-5 record, which had them pretty set up for payoffs. He led them to 3 division titles. Luck had four Pro Bowls, and he even won “Comeback Player of The Year” in 2018.

7. Jeff Saturday- Jeff served 13 years with the Indianapolis Colts (Center), and his final year in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers. Saturday made six Pro Bowls, he was named a two time All Pro. He also won a Super Bowl with the Indianapolis Colts. He only committed 24 penalties and two fumbles his whole NFL career.

6. Robert Mathis- Robert had a 14 year career with the Indianapolis Colts (Linebacker). Mathis had five Pro Bowls, One All Pro. He also hold the franchise record for sacks, quarterback hits, forced fumbles and touchdowns scored by a defensive player. He also ranks 19th in the NFL for sacks right behind Dwight Freeney.

5. Dwight Freeney – Dwight had a 17 year career in the NFL (Defensive End/Linebacker). Freeney had seven Pro Bowls, three All Pros, and one Super Bowl. He comes in second place to Robert Mathis in sacks, Quarterback hits, and forced fumbles. He has a franchise lead of tackles resulting in loss.

4. Reggie Wayne –  Reggie earned his number four spot, because he is such a remarkable player (Wide Receiver). Wayne is second in the franchise with 1070 catches, 14,345 yards, and 82 touchdowns. Reggie also has the franchise record for number of games played (211). He had a 14 year career, including six Pro Bowls, One All Pro and a Super Bowl. Wayne is a soon to be Hall of Famer.

3. Edgerrin James – James just recently got introduced into the NFL Hall of Fame (Running Back). He ranks 13th in NFL history with rushing yards. It’s pretty confident to say that James is the Colts’ all time rushing leader with 9,226 yards. James has the franchise record for touchdowns (64) and rushing yards (96.1) in a game. He went to four pro bowls, and one All Pro. He had also been invited to a All Decade Team with teammate Dwight Freeney.

2. Marvin Harrison- Harrison is number two, because he was one of the best wide receivers in NFL history. He had 13 amazing years with the Indianapolis Colts as one of their start wide receivers. He had 14,580 yards, and 128 touchdowns. In 2002 Marvin set the record of most catches in a season (128). He also led the league twice with receiving yards, once in 1999 and 2002.

1. Peyton Manning – Peyton’s number one spot is pretty self explanatory. The colts were in a bit of a pickle during their previous season with Jim Harbaugh. Peyton was the first overall pick in the 1940 NFL Draft (Quarterback). He was also a great team leader and took us to the super bowl in 2006-7 against the Chicago Bears and we won 29-17. He also took us to the Super Bowl in 2009-10 against the New Orleans Saints, with a loss of 31-17 with their star player Drew Brees.