• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!
  • May 13Friday, May 17, is Mental Health Awareness Day, Coming Together to End the Stigma at Union City High School

Top 10 dumbest criminals

Top 10 dumbest criminals

Those who decide to be criminals think that they would go down infamously. They may think that they will get something great out of robbing a bank, but end up falling into a trash can, where they inevitably get caught. Here is my top 10 list of criminals, who are terrible at being criminals. 

10. McArthur Wheeler – On January 6, 1995, Wheeler attempted to rob a bank. He did not wear a mask to conceal his identity, but lemon juice instead. When you write with lemon juice on paper, it is invisible until heat is put on it. Wheeler believed he was invisible with the lemon juice on his face. When police arrived, he continued to argue with them that he was, in fact, invisible. 

9. Paul Sinclair – On October 10, 2022, Sinclair walked into a bank and told the teller that he had a gun and demanded money. Sinclair reportedly had his hand under his shirt in the shape of a gun. The teller was so unfazed that he gave Sinclair only $120. Sinclair was arrested within 10 minutes.

8. James Blankenship – On June 12, 2013, Blankenship broke into his own mother’s house. When he was arrested, he tried to prove his innocence by saying that he thought that robbery was only illegal when it took place at night. He later pleaded guilty.

7. Trevor Jones – While breaking into an Atlanta home, Jones decided to check his Facebook account on his victim’s laptop. He continued to rob the house, but he left out one important detail: he forgot to sign out of his account. The police were able to track him down.

6. Hannah Sabata – Sabata robbed a bank for $6,000 and made it out successfully. Instead of keeping quiet, Sabata posted on her YouTube page about how she robbed a bank. She was easily arrested. While she was still in prison, she attacked a security guard and wound up with more time in prison.

5. Johnny Yates – Wanted by the Police for aggravated battery among other things, Yates holed himself up in his home. To try to deter the police, Yates put up a sign on his door that read, “Johnny Yates does NOT live here!!”

4. Zyeama Johnson – While on the run from the police, Johnson decided she wanted a job. She decided to not stay on the downlow and applied for a job at the Hudson County Sheriff’s Office. She was called in for her “first day of work” and was arrested. 

3. Derrick Mosley – Mosley did not think his plan through well enough. He attempted to rob a gun store using a baseball bat. The manager, unfazed, pulled out his own gun and kept it aimed at Mosley until the police arrived. 

2. Klaus Schmidt – In 1995, Schmidt attempted to rob a bank in Berlin. He pointed a handgun at the tellers and demanded cash. The tellers asked him if he wanted a bag. Schmidt responded with, “Yes, it is a real gun!” The tellers realized he was deaf and sounded the alarm. Schmidt was arrested but tried to sue the bank for abusing his disability. 

1. Tristan Heidi – After robbing a bank in Ohio, Heidi tried to escape by climbing out of a hatch in the roof of the bank. Caught on police body cams, Heidi is seen falling out of the roof. He would have escaped if it had not been for a trash can below him. He fell into it as it toppled over. He could have never guessed that a trash can would lead to his arrest.