Scintillating Sky

Scintillating+Sky

Sky Thomas Messinger is a Corry High senior, born October 16, 2005. He was born in Spartansburg but currently lives in Corry. He has two younger siblings, Eli (9th grade) and Kelly (3rd grade).

When asked about sports, he replied with his signature humor. He said, “I shoot trap, but other than that, I just work. I am also a professional Facebook marketplace hot wheels enthusiast on the side… if that counts.” He continues this statement with “Oh, and I can’t forget that I drag race soccer moms at red lights. You know, the ones who drive Ford Explorers and Grand Caravans or Jeep Compasses with a ‘You look good’ sticker on the left window mirror.” Getting quite specific with the snags.

When talking about his interests, Sky said that he enjoys skateboarding, woodworking, playing and studying music, and playing video games. Some of his favorite video games include “Minecraft” and “Back 4 Blood.”

As a senior, big decisions are ahead. However, Sky already has a job. He says that he got the job he has “because I’m smart, quick on my feet, good with people, and love money.” The determination and drive are great qualities to have when entering the workforce, especially because he doesn’t plan to go to college. When asked about college he said, “No college, I’ll just go straight to work, but I’ll get a forklift certification because who doesn’t want to be forklift certified?”

In relation to work, his favorite class is Diversified Occupations with Mr. Daniels. In this class he finds that he learns insightful lessons and all about the inner workings of business. Similarly, he is driven toward buying a home that he can call his own and traveling, although his current plans only consist of sleeping and working on his car, Bartholomew. 

Speaking of traveling, his travel destination would be to the wonderful land of Greece due to its beauty and historic background. In connection with Greece, that is his dream vacation spot, with his girlfriend, MyLeigh, and lots of food. His perfect date is similar to his dream vacation, within that he will be with MyLeigh and have lots of food, he would like to watch movies, go on a late night drive, and “obey every traffic law on said drive.”

Additionally, when asked about some of his favorite things, he said that his favorite movie is “Cars 2”, the song “Using” by Sorority Noise, and his favorite color is purple. He gave quite the detailed answer when asked for his favorite food. His answer, “perfectly seasoned mussels and a fire New York strip with Quebec seasoning, ranch powder, a pinch of garlic powder, a perfect sear on all sides, and cooked just shy of medium rare.” Pretty particular overall, but the steak sounds tasty.

His favorite quote is from the one and only, MyLeigh Music: “This is my personal bubble and you are intruding it.” In contrast, he feels as though he is comparable to a howler monkey “because others have said I am ‘loud and obnoxious’.”

Another detailed response was given when asked about his biggest pet peeve, and reasonably so… Pet peeves are usually full of passion. He said, “My biggest pet peeve is when I try to talk, or add my input to something, and I am completely overlooked or someone else says exactly what I did and everyone thinks it is a great idea. I could also say when people are overly dramatic about things, like get over yourself. And it’s always simple stuff like just a fly or a piece of lettuce that is slightly brown, or you’re failing because you didn’t do something, or its a little warm outside, or you get bondo dust in your eye because you didn’t wear eye protection and you’re sanding above your head.”

On the other hand, his best piece of advice is, “Don’t let the little things get to you, just keep on truckin’ and you’ll be alright. It is what it is.”