Top 10 Christmas quotes

Roman Eisele

As the season of winter is coming up to the small town of Corry, it can be some of the best times and for others, it can be trying. I’ve constructed a list of quotes that will hopefully make you feel excited, fulfilled, and maybe even find the happiness in the season again. While Christmas is all sorts of joy and you hear the songs chiming in stores from the moment Halloween ends, for some people this is actually the hardest time of the year. For this season of giving, I would like to urge you to stop at the Christmas tree in Walmart and pick a kid to buy gifts for. Let’s make some kids happy this year and take a little more stress off of those struggling.

10.  “A lovely thing about Christmas is that its compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.”- Garrison Keillor, Leaving Home

9. “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day; it’s a frame of mind.”- Kris Kringle in “Miracle on 34th Street”

8. “Freshly cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow pine resin–Inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.”- John J. Geddes

7. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.”- Ebeneezer Scrooge in “A Christmas Carol”

6. “We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”- Laura Ingalls Wilder

5. “I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar every month.”- Harlan Miller

4. “Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all sticking together.”- Rosie Thomas, “Iris & Ruby”

3. “The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood.”- Richard Paul Evans, “The Christmas Box”

2. “Just remember: The true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”- “The Polar Express”

1. “The best way to spread holiday cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”- Buddy the Elf