Top 10 favorite SpongeBob episodes

If you have a parent that didn’t let you watch cartoons as a kid, now’s your chance to indulge in the comedy series that is SpongeBob SquarePants. I am going to be jotting down my top 10 favorite SpongeBob episodes of all time. So when you are done reading, I recommend turning on your TV and observing this cinematic masterpiece.

10. “Graveyard Shift”

Airing in season two, this episode is an oldie but a goodie. It is guaranteed that you will get a few scares but also a bunch of laughs. Viewers get to see what it is like to work the night shift at the Krusty Krab while also getting a good fright from the profound “Hash Slinging Slasher.”

9. “Not Normal”

One of the best episodes from season six is about an identity crisis that SpongeBob goes through. His seemingly “not normal” life has him turning down a very dangerous path. With suburban housing and desk cubicles, Patrick is determined to do whatever it takes to make his best friend normal again.

8. “Tunnel of Glove”

Season seven presents Mr. Krabs’ daughter Pearl where she and her friends take a trip to Glove World Theme Park. One of the most famous rides, “Tunnel of Glove” has drawn the attention of Pearl and her clan so they decide to head over to get a better look. All goes well until Pearl and SpongeBob are stuck sitting together for the romantic ride. They both end up getting stuck on the ride and encounter some very scary experiences.

7. “Pizza Delivery”

In season one, SpongeBob and Squidward are sent to deliver a pizza to a last minute customer. Along the way, the two encounter a bunch of mishaps that have them struggling to make their trip in time. Little do they know that when they get there, the customer will have a few choice words to say about their delivery ethic.

6. “Shanghaied”

A special episode in season two, SpongeBob discovers a giant anchor that fell from the sky and as he climbs up he stumbles upon an abandoned ship. Little does he know that the ship belongs to none other than the Flying Dutchman. Before SpongeBob and his friends escape, they are granted three mysterious wishes that result in them defeating the bad man.

5. “It’s a SpongeBob Christmas!”

A Christmas special airing in season eight, this claymation masterpiece dives into what life is like during Christmas in the Bikini Bottom. While SpongeBob tries to spread cheer, Plankton decides that it is best if everyone is on their worst behavior during one of the best holidays. With a special visit from Santa Claus, this episode is definitely going to make you wish it was Christmas all year round.

4. “Rock Bottom”

In season one of SpongeBob, the viewers are introduced to the infamous Glove World Theme Park, where SpongeBob and Patrick spend their day having a blast as best friends do. Once the day comes to an end they decide to take the bus home. Accidentally boarding the wrong bus, the two struggle to find their way home. The best friends run into a few bumps along the way.

3. “Sleepy Time”

Aired in season one, this episode SpongeBob gains the ability to visit his friends’ dreams. The viewers get a better insight into who these characters really are. Along the way, it is fun to see all the obstacles SpongeBob has to face while also being in a deep slumber.

2. “Frankendoodle”

Season two introduces a special and all time favorite character, DoodleBob. DoodleBob is a drawn out figure created by SpongeBob who tries to steal the magical pencil and take over SpongeBob and his friends. You can’t say you’re a SpongeBob fan if you’ve never seen this episode.

1. “SB-129”

In season one, Squidward wants to get away from all the chaos and he has a chance to time travel but discovers a world where SpongeBob still exists. He visits many different time periods which scares him into missing the OG SpongeBob. This episode is full of nostalgia for teenagers during the twentieth century.