• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!
  • May 13Friday, May 17, is Mental Health Awareness Day, Coming Together to End the Stigma at Union City High School

Top 10 Christmas movies

Top 10 Christmas movies

As it is getting closer to Christmas, it is almost time to watch Christmas movies. Some Christmas movies bring out the Christmas spirit in people and others do not. I think the most important thing about Christmas movies is for them to bring out the spirit of Christmas and enjoy it. Is your favorite Christmas movie on my list? Let’s dive into my top 10 favorite Christmas movies to find out.

10. “Frosty the Snowman” – This movie is about a magic top hat that brought a snowman, made by children, to life. A magician, professor Hinkle wants the hat back. The temperature began to rise and all of the children knew Frosty would melt in the heat and no longer be a jolly soul if Hinkle took his top hat. Frosty had to say his goodbyes so he didn’t melt, and he ended up getting on a train to the North Pole.

9. “The Santa Clause” – This movie is about a divorced dad, Scott, who has custody of his son on Christmas Eve, accidentally killed a man in a Santa suit. They were magically transported to the North Pole where an elf explained that he had to take Santa’s place before next Christmas. Scott believed he was dreaming, but within the next several months he gained weight and grew a big white beard. Turns out, maybe he wasn’t dreaming.

8. “A Christmas Carol” – This movie is about Ebenezer Scrooge, a rich miser, who hates Christmas and everything to do with it. On Christmas Eve, spirits came about and took Scrooge to see sad moments from his past, happy holiday celebrations in the present, and terrible future events. Scrooge decided to turn his life around and become someone who enjoys Christmas and has the holiday spirit all year round.

7. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” – This movie is about a young reindeer named Rudolph. Rudolph’s dad is one of Santa’s reindeer, so Rudolph is expected to be one of Santa’s reindeer eventually. The only problem is that Rudolph is different from all of the other reindeer, he has a bright red and shiny nose.

6. “A Christmas Story” – This movie is about Ralphie, and his family. Ralphie spends most of his time dodging bullies at school and dreaming of his ideal Christmas gift, “Red Ryder air rifle.” His dad and him usually don’t see eye to eye, but his mom is always there to comfort him. Everyone told Ralphie he couldn’t get the gun for Christmas because “he’ll shoot his eye out.”

5. “The Polar Express” – This movie is about a boy who didn’t really believe in the North Pole or Santa himself. On Christmas Eve, he decided to get on the train. When he got on the train all of the other kids said they were going to the North Pole, but he doubted it. They arrived and he got to see Santa in real life and he got a bell. From then on he believed in Santa and the North Pole.

4. “The Grinch” – This movie is about a cranky creature that loved Christmas when he was a little boy, but he began to hate it after it was ruined at school. He began to create a plan to ruin Whoville’s Christmas because he didn’t want them to have one. The Grinch decided he wanted to steal everything, so he did. On Christmas he realized how sad Whoville was, but they still had the Christmas spirit. He decided to give the gifts back and to not hate Christmas anymore.

3. “Elf” – This movie is about a 30-year-old man named Buddy who came from the North Pole to meet his real father. His father doesn’t believe that Buddy is his real son, so he gets a DNA test. The DNA test came back and it turned out Buddy was his son. On Christmas Eve, Santa didn’t have enough spirit to fly his sleigh so Buddy’s friend sang in front of many people in New York to gain spirit.

2. “Home Alone” – This is a movie about an 8-year-old boy, Kevin McCallister is mean to his family and wished they were gone. When he woke up in the morning they were gone and he was left home alone instead of on their family Christmas vacation. While his family is gone two robbers plan to break in and Kevin has to protect the house alone.

1. “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” – This movie is where all of the Griswold family gather at Clark’s house for Christmas break. Christmas vacation ends up going unplanned when his brother brings his family to stay in his camper on Clark’s property. To make things worse, Clark’s employers did not give him the bonus he needed.