• May 13Good luck on the Keystone Exams this week, Corry students!

Top 10 P!nk songs

P!nk (Alecia Moore) is known for her edgy pop music that teens and adults can relate to. She first became popular in the early 2000s for her amazing music that has touched lots of people’s hearts throughout the years.

This list of my top 10 favorite P!nk songs is based on how much I like them and how I relate to them as well. I listed the songs based on the personality of the song and their backstories.

10. “Family Portrait”

The song “Family Portrait” from one of P!nk’s first albums “M!ssundaztood” is about her childhood and how she dealt with major family issues. The song portrays how kids grew up in broken homes and had little to no stability in their lives. P!nk wanted people to know that they aren’t the only ones dealing with situations like this and that they are not alone. This song is one of many that I believe has the best meaning and will continue to be in my top 10.

9. “Never Gonna Not Dance Again”

“Never Gonna Not Dance Again” from P!nk’s newest album “Trustfall” is a fun and upbeat song. P!nk believes that no matter what life throws at you, sometimes all you have to do is dance and things might get a little bit better. I know it may sound stupid, but you can’t knock it till you try it! I believe that it is great to have a song that can lift your mood and make your day a little bit better. That’s what this song does for me.

8. “Don’t Let Me Get Me”

The song “Don’t Let Me Get Me” from “M!ssundaztood” talks about subjects that most of us are familiar with: self confidence and self worth. Throughout the song she talks about hating everything about herself and often compares herself to people that she admires. The lyric “Don’t Let Me Get Me” refers to her self- sabotaging and letting her insecurities get the best of her. I believe that myself as well as a lot of other people struggle with self image daily. This song proves that other people may share the same dilemma.

7. “Raise Your Glass”

Although the song “Raise Your Glass” has an extremely addictive and upbeat vibe, the meaning behind the song will have certain listeners feel like their feelings are valid. P!nk’s intentions for this song was to celebrate people who feel like they aren’t “popular enough” and that they will always be alone. She congratulates people who are different and don’t try to hide who they really are.

6. “Please Don’t Leave Me.”

“Please Don’t Leave Me” from P!nk’s album “Funhouse” represents her love-hate relationship with the people closest to her. Throughout the song she talks about how she seems like she doesn’t appreciate the people around her, but in reality she isn’t good at expressing her feelings. This song was made for people who aren’t good at representing how they feel.

5. “So What”

The song “So What” also from her “Funhouse” album is dedicated to her husband, who was claimed to have cheated on her. The song was originally made as a joke and P!nk states that she doesn’t care about the consequences of writing her songs and that she doesn’t have any regrets. Although, I bet this song gets a bunch of good reviews from people who are going through a rough breakup.

4. “Kids In Love”

“Kids In Love” from P!nk’s album “Trustfall” is all about nostalgia and tells a story about two individuals who once were in love but have drifted apart. The relationship between the two started out amazing but as time went on, things began to fall apart. It is often stated in the song that making mistakes is a necessity for growth and that healing takes time.

3. “Freaking Perfect”

One of the most heartfelt and relatable songs that can be found on P!nk’s “Greatest Hits” album is one that a lot of people can relate to. Along with “Don’t Let Me Get Me,” this song talks about how teenagers struggle with self image and how we feel like we’re not good enough. It focuses on how our teenage years are probably some of the worst years ever. But when you’re an adult you can look back and be proud of how far you’ve come.

2. “When I Get There”

“When I Get There” from the “Trustfall” album is a dedication to P!nk’s late father. Through the entirety of the song, P!nk shares that she hopes that her dad is proud of her and all of the accomplishments that she has made. She makes references to things that remind her of her dad and she hopes that he has saved a spot for her in heaven so they can catch up on all of the lost time. To people who have lost someone special to them, this song is definitely for you.

1. “Who Knew”

The song “Who Knew” from P!nk’s “I’m Not Dead” album is a very sad and touching song. This masterpiece is dedicated to P!nk’s late friends who died from a tragic overdose. She reminisces about all of the memories that they’ve shared and that it’s not fair that such great people were taken away. Throughout the years P!nk says that the song has created new meanings to a lot of different people and that she never gets tired of performing it.