Top 10 scary movies

Do you like scary movies? If you do, this list of top 10 scariest movies is for you! Spooky season is now officially here, therefore scary movies are getting watched more than ever. This list is opinionated based on what movies I believe are the scariest: 

1. “The Grudge”

“The Grudge” is a Japanese horror film about a curse that you can attract when you mourn over someone’s death. I ranked this movie as number 10 because there’s not a lot of context, and you can get bored easily watching the movie, but the movie is scary and you cannot predict what will happen next. 

9. “Us”

The movie “Us” is a horror mystery movie about a family who goes on vacation at the beach house. When the mother of the family was younger she saw something that will make the world go in danger. I ranked this movie as number nine on my list because it isn’t that scary, and it gets confusing at times, but the movie has good context and has good jump scares.

1. “The Conjuring”

The movie “The Conjuring” is a supernatural horror film about a family who just moves into this big, nice house. While they do not know what they are getting into, the children start to notice things happening to them in their sleep. I ranked this movie an eight because the movie is very predictable and very popular, therefore you already know what happens, but the movie has a good plot and is pretty scary in my opinion. 

1. “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” (2022)

The movie “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” (2022) is a horror/slasher film based on a true story where a murderer who wears a mask made out of human skin, murders a group of influencers who are visiting Texas. This movie is very long and can get boring, but scary and worth watching. 

1. “Smile”

The movie “Smile” is a psychological horror film about a curse that spreads through people when someone takes their life in front of you. The main character has to revisit her past in order to help herself fix the curse. I ranked this movie a six because it has a good plot, and it’s scary.

1. “Insidious”

The movie “Insidious” is a horror mystery about a mother, father and a son. The father had been haunted in the past, so when they come back to haunt him again his son and wife are a part of the haunting. I ranked this movie a five because the movie’s plot isn’t very good, but the movie is scary and consists of very scary jump scares. 

1. “Ouija”

“Ouija” is a supernatural film about a family who does black magic for their business. After the mother who runs the business sees a Ouija board in a store, she buys it and soon regrets that decision. I rank this movie a four because it is scary, you can understand what is happening, but you can predict what will happen. 

1. “Evil Dead”

“Evil Dead” is a horror-fantasy film about a group of friends who go to a cabin in the woods. They find something that would haunt them forever. This movie is super scary, and there are no predictions of what will happen.

1. “Terrifier” 

“Terrifier” is a slasher horror film about a clown who murders and tortures people. This movie is very scary, and I do not recommend watching it if you have a weak stomach. 

1. “Sinister” 

“Sinister” is a horror mystery film about a writer who hasn’t written a popular book in awhile, therefore when he finds videos of a family getting murdered he moves his family into the victims home. He soon will regret it. This movie is my number one because the plot is very good and scary.