Top 10 NBA jerseys of all-time

Every NBA season many teams make modifications to their jerseys trying to better the appearance on the court. From regular icon and association jerseys, to the flashy statement and city jerseys, here are the top ten greatest basketball jerseys of all time.

10. Detroit Pistons away jersey 1996-2001

The Detroit Pistons iconic teal jersey is placed at number 10 because of it’s eye popping color and logo. This jersey was worn by notable players in Grant Hill and Jerry Stackhouse, and was worn again in the 2023 season as the Pistons city jerseys.

9. Philadelphia 76ers home jerseys 2000-2008

The Philadelphia 76ers are at number 9 with their jerseys that they wore for 8 years. These jerseys featured the word Sixers with a star making the dot on the eye. Notable players who wore the jersey are Allen Iverson and Andre Iguodala.

8. Miami Heat city jerseys 2019-2020

The Miami Heat released the jerseys along with three other different types of the same jerseys featuring the main color as black, white, and pink. Notable players who wore this jersey are Dwyane Wade and Hassan Whiteside.

7. Phoenix Suns purple throwback jerseys 1996-1998

The Phoenix Suns were at one of their best moments while wearing these jerseys having a great team and the league MVP in Charles Barkley. Notable players who wore this jersey are Charles Barkley,  Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Kevin Johnson.

6. Denver Nuggets away jerseys 1982-1993

The Denver Nuggets released this colorful eye-popping jersey in the early ’80s and wore it out in the early ’90s. Notable players who wore this jersey are Alex English, David Thompson, Fat Lever, Dikembe Mutombo, and Mahmoud Abdul-Rahif.

5. Utah Jazz 1996-2004 away jerseys

The Utah Jazz gradient bright jerseys sneak into the top five. These jerseys were worn in the franchises best years. Notable players who wore Karl Malone, John Stockton, Mark Eaton, John Starks, and Andrei Kirilenko.

4. Houston Rockets 1995-1997 home jerseys

These Rockets jerseys are the first of three pinstriped jerseys. They also wore these jersey for their city jerseys in the 2022-23 season. Notable players who wore this jersey are Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Kenny Smith, Sam Cassell, and Charles Barkley.

3. Vancouver Grizzlies 1995-2000 away jerseys

These jerseys were the first and last jerseys the Grizzlies ever wore before claiming their new home of Memphis. These jerseys are similar to the Pistons jerseys earlier in the list, however, the font of the letters and the slight difference in color makes this a top three jersey in NBA history. Notable players who wore this jersey are Greg Anthony, Otis Thorpe, Shareef  Abdur-Rahim, and Mike Bibby.

2. Orlando Magic 1989-1998 home jerseys

These jerseys are one of the other pinstriped jerseys on this list. These were the first home jerseys that the magic ever wore, as they were an expansion team who was introduced in 1989. The all-white jersey with the light blue color for the word magic really made this jersey pop out. The creativity with a star being the dot in the letter I, and being the letter A also makes this jersey look very good. Notable players who wore this jersey are  Scott Skiles, Dennis Scott, Shaquille O’Neal, Steve Kerr, Anfernee (Penny) Hardaway, Horace Grant, and Spud Webb.

1. Toronto 1995-1998 away jerseys

These jerseys are ranked number one in this list. The white and black pinstripes on the purple jersey with the famous raptor dribbling is what made this jersey great. The raptors have recently worn an alternate colorway of this jersey with the colors being black and gold. Although they have went away from the purple, most NBA fans today still would love to see these jerseys worn again. Notable players who wore this jersey are Damon Stoudamire, Doug Christie, Marcus Camby, Tracy McGrady, Charles Oakley, and Vince Carter.