Corry spring sports week update

Corry spring sports week update

MaKenna Moore, Editor

On Tuesday April 25, Corry’s track team had a home meet against Franklin High School at 4 p.m. The Beavers won 80-70. It was Senior Night celebrating all 13 of their seniors. Boys: Jeremy Saurwein, John Styborski, David Parret Jr., Cooper Yatsko, John Getchel, Stephen Brady, Marley Gehl, Klay Martin, Tony Kerr, and Will Boucher. Girls: Alexis McGahen, Teya Bailey, and Gwen Adams. They have another meet on Saturday April 29 Open invitational at Hermitage.

On Wednesday April 26 the boys went to McDowell to play the Trojans again, but this time away. The first time they played them the Beavers lost 12-0. The game was at Mecyhurst University field and  started at 4 p.m;. Starting on the way John Albers, then Karson Chamberlin and Zach Martin came in to pitch towards the end. The ending score for Varsity was 3-0, McDowell winning, and for JV 1-0 Beavers. Then on Thursday April 27, they headed to General McLane to go against the Lancers. Starting on the mound was Chamberlin for the first two innings, and Albers came in and pitched the last six innings. Albers hit a homerun. The ending score was 2-3 McLane.

On Thursday April 27 the girls softball team also had a game away against Slippery Rock at 4 p.m. The Beavers won against Slippery Rock 17-4; the first time they played them the score was 16-5. There were three homeruns, one by Kendyll Chamberlin and two by Sadye Dyne. There was no JV game. The next game the girls have is on Saturday April 29 against Franklin High School away at 12 p.m.