Prom theme survey

Prom theme survey

Ashton Mineo, Reporter

There is a lot of anticipation and excitement all throughout Corry High with the Prom getting closer every day. The prom committee selected this year’s theme: disco fever. Of course, there is controversy every year when the theme is selected. Everybody has an opinion, and that makes it close to impossible to please everybody. I would like to commend the prom committee for keeping us on the right track and setting up a great night for our school. If you want to be involved in the decision-making moving forward, I would encourage you to sign up for next year’s committee. I went around the school and asked students and teachers their opinion about this year’s theme: disco fever.

Caleb Daniels: I don’t mind it, it is better than last year.
Cooper Yatsko: I don’t care, it’s fine
Brilie Tasker: It is better than last year, but it will not be executed correctly.
Morgan Willis: It could be better. Masquerade would be a great theme.
Cooper Slocum: I support it because my friends chose it, and I think they played it safe. Disco is a bit overdone, for example the Eisenhower Knights are doing it. It is a fun theme because of the sparkles and everyone can follow it. My advice would be to experiment with fashion and put yourself out there.
Baylee Smith: It is interesting but also basic. Why are we having a fever over the disco? Not many will participate. Star glasses would be really cool.
Brant Xander: I think it’s fine, but nobody really cares about the theme.
Drew Kuzma: It is fine, I don’t really feel strongly either way about it
Mrs. Bennett: I like that it brings in a new level of themes to integrate music. Leaves a lot of room for interpretations/decorations. Could be portrayed better and a disco ball would help.
Mrs. Burgoine: I think that is kind of cool. It makes me think of the John Travolta movie Saturday Night Fever
Sydney Mineo: It will be interesting to see themed hairstyles and colors.
Liz Colwell: Better than the western theme they were thinking of doing. It is a creative idea.
Maddie Goodwill: Interesting, could be better, but could be a lot worse.
Parker Trask: Why do I care, I can’t go.
Joseph Johnston: I also don’t care about the theme because I won’t be there, but I will say its a solid theme.
Mr. Potocki: Kids may not know a lot of disco music. That being said, there will be a lot of pressure on the DJ. Cool idea, but hard to dress for the theme.
Peyton Wilkinson: I am excited, it can be fun if it’s played correctly.
Hannah Roach: The theme is unique, and different in a good way. I am interested to see if people follow.
Emily Blake: It is a lot better than last year.
Mrs. Adamski: Really cool idea!
Tayler Elchynski: It’s better than Friday the 13th, so count your blessings.
Ms. DiLuzio: I like sparkles and disco will allow for a lot of shiny things.
Bella Chase: I think it is stupid and dumb.
Mr. Soprano: It will be tough for the guys to follow and I don’t think very many of them will follow the theme.
Mrs. Pound: You can make it fun with bell-bottom pants.