Corry baseball and softball weekly sports report

MaKenna Moore, Editor

On Monday April 10, Corry’s baseball team had a home game against McDowell at 4 p.m. Starting on the mound was Zack Martin. Rylan Smith hit a double, and Karson Chamberlin hit a double. The ending score for the Beavers was 12-0, with McDowell winning; JV’s score was 15-1.

On Tuesday April 11 Corry’s softball team had their first game of the week at Hickory High School against the Hornets. The starting lineup against the Hornets was Payton McCray starting in the circle pitching, Kayla Hayes behind the plate catching, Sadye Dyne at first base, Allison Sawyer on second base, Ali Goodwill at short-stop, Kendyll Chamberlin at third, Kaylee Weisner in right field, Kaycee Porter in center field, and Alyssa Burlew left field. First batter up was Chamberlin; she hit a line drive on the third and the Hornets got their first out of the game. By the end of the first inning the Hornets had the lead 2-0. At the start of the 2nd inning Chamberlin was up to back and on the second pitch she hit a home run putting the Beavers first run on the board. The ending score for Varsity was 14-4, and the ending score for JV was 17-7, with Hickory winning both games.

On Wednesday, April 12, the baseball team had a game away against Cathedral Prep at 4 p.m., and they lost 15-2. Lewis Hellyer started on the mound. Karson Chamberlin was the lead off hitter and he got a double to start off the game. JV’s score was 8-1.

On Thursday, the softball team headed to Sharon High School to play against the Tigers with the same starting line up as they had against Hickory, except for some minors changes. Dyne took the mound to start, Sawyer went to first base, McCray was on second, and Mahra Goodwill was put out in right field. First at bat was Sawyer and she started off the game by getting a single on the first pitch. Alyssa Burlew hit a home run in the first innings. The Lady Beavers record for the season so far is 1-5 overall, and 0-3 in their conference.

The boys’ last game for the week was on Friday April 14, an away against the Warren Dragons. The starting line up was Jon Albers on the mound pitching, Wesley Kurelowech behind the plate catching, Caleb Daniels at first, Kamdyn Moon at second, Karson Chamberlin at short-stop, Zack Martin at third, Chance Rogers in right field, Rylan Smith in center field, and Jacob Kuberry in left field. The first batter was Chamberlin, who hit a single to short-stop. Jon Albers came up to bat and hit a double RBI, Chamberlin made it home putting the first run on the board for the Beavers. Albers had nine strikeouts in the five innings he pitched. Also in the 7th inning, Albers hit a home run. The ending score was 9-5 Beavers, and JV’s score was 5-1, Beavers on top. The Beavers record for the season so far is 3-4 overall, and 2-2 in their conference.