Sincere Simmonsen

Mr. Simmonsen

Tony Kerr

Mr. Simmonsen

Tony Kerr, Reporter

Gregg Simmonsen was born on August 25, 1978. He grew up in Corry, attending Corry Area High School and College at Penn West formally Edinboro. Some of Mr. Simmonsen’s interests are hunting, trapping, fishing, playing outside with his kids, and exercise.

He has two brothers and one sister. Erick, 41; Joel, 38; and Kerri, 36. His parents also liked to foster kids often, which is what inspired Mr. Simmonsen to become a teacher. His favorite vacation would be to go to some place in the wild and hunt. Currently, however, he plans on white water rafting, ziplining, and kayaking during his next vacation.

An animal Mr. Simmonsen would match his personality to would be an otter. One of his favorite quotes would have to be, “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” A movie that he really liked watching was “Gladiator.” His favorite musical artist is Johnny Cash, and he really likes camo and orange.

A perfect date for Mr. Simmonsen would be kayaking and getting chicken wings after. A place he would like to travel would be Israel so that he could tour all over the land that Jesus walked on. Some other places he thought would be interesting were Yellowstone and Alaska.

Ecology is Mr. Simmonsen’s favorite class to teach. He used to like biology a lot, too, but the curriculum had to change due to state testing, which killed the biology teaching experience for him. Foods that Mr. Simmonsen would always accept are chicken wings and steak. He really loved football in high school, and he often participated in wrestling to lose weight. Simmonsen’s biggest pet peeve is when people waste their talents or abilities and don’t accomplish as much as they could.

In 2007, Mr. Simmonsen participated in the Augie’s Pizza Eating Contest, which he won first place in.

One part of Mr. Simmonsen’s life he wanted to share was when he had discovered he has EGPA. At first he had ignored the symptoms of the disease but as they became worse he decided he needed to go to the doctor to find out what was wrong. Now to keep his health in order he has bi-yearly visits to the doctor for a checkup. He said faith helped pull him through the tough times. His advice to his readers is to not take your health for granted and life is to short to be mean.