Mrs. Audet: A guidance counselor with a true calling

Mrs. Audet

Mrs. Audet

April Peterson, Reporter

Danielle Audet is a guidance counselor at Corry High School. She chose this job because she had a rough time switching schools when she was in high school and had some very helpful staff members, so she wanted to be that person for other students. When asked if she liked her job Mrs. Audet said of course she liked her job and that she loves helping others no matter how chaotic it is. She also stated, “I believe I am here for a reason.”

When asked if she wasn’t a guidance counselor at Corry High School what would she want her job to be and where, she stated that she would want to work with sports, fitness, or maybe nutrition at a college level.

Mrs. Audet grew up in Clymer, New York, but duringĀ  her freshmen year of high school she moved to Corry. She was part of the volleyball, basketball, track, and tennis teams. She got her BS in psychology at Penn State Behrend and her masters in school counseling at UNC Chapel Hill in North Carolina.

Mrs. Audet’s favorite subject was psychology in college, her favorite song is “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds because it was the song that played at her wedding, her favorite color is purple, and her favorite movie is “Tommy Boy.” When asked what her favorite quote was she statedĀ  her favorite quote was: “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,” by an unknown author. Mrs. Audet’s dream vacation would be “a beach resort anywhere.”

When asked what her biggest pet peeves where Mrs. Audet said, “Other drivers not using their turning signals or staying in the left lane for too long on the high way.” Mrs. Audet is married and has a two-year-old daughter and a golden retriever named Griffin. She is the youngest of three, and she has an older brother and sister.