Corry boys basketball playoff game ends in defeat

MaKenna Moore, Editor

On Thursday, February 23 the boys basketball team headed all the way down to Farrell, PA to play at Farrell High School against Grove City.

The game was at 7:30 and it was broadcast by Deej Experience, LLC. Both teams starting line up was announced, and then they tipped the ball off. The Corry Beavers started out strong in the first half  with Corry player Markus Lambert scoring the first points of the game. The score went back and forth, with both teams being in reach of each other by no more than three points at a time.

By the time halftime hit, the score was 24-19, Beavers in the lead. In the first half Markus Lambert was the leading scorer with 11 points, 5 points came from Karson Chamberlin, 4 points from Rylan Smith, 2 points from Cole Nickerson and Stephen Brady.

Coming back from half time, the Eagles had a game plan, and changed the direction of the game. Corry lost a bit of momentum, but still stuck in it until the very end. In the fourth quarter the Eagles took a big lead and ended up taking a win, the final score being 58-41.

The player of the game (chosen by Deej Experience) was Markus Lambert, and Lambert was also the highest scoring player on the team for that game, having 16 points.