Bright Bogert

Bright+Bogert

Ashton Mineo, Reporter

This February we are celebrating CTE month! With that being said, I would like to spotlight Mrs. Bogert, as she is an essential part of our CTE program. She is the supervisor of vocational education here at Corry.

Mrs. Bogert grew up in Sigal, Pennsylvania, and she attended Brookeville High School. When she was growing up, Mrs. Bogert dreamed of one day becoming a vet, but she eventually passed up that dream because of the tough science courses required to become a vet.

After high school, Mrs. Bogert earned her four year bachelor’s degree at West Minster College. Following her time at West Minster, she received her master’s degree at Edinboro before getting her principal certification at Gannon University. Mrs. Bogert worked in the mental health counseling field before getting a job at Corry. When she did get a job at Corry, she started out as a guidance counselor and then after seven years she made the switch to an administration role. Eight years later, Mrs. Bogert began working with the CTE program and she has been going strong for nine years and counting.

Outside of school, Mrs. Bogert stays very busy. In her free time she loves to ride motorcycles and snow mobiles. To go along with this automobile theme, she also has a lot of interest in classic cars. Some other hobbies of hers include walking and cross stitching. Mrs. Bogert kindly pointed out some of her cross stitching work and I was very impressed. Mrs. Bogert also loves to travel, she said if she could travel anywhere it would be either Sweden or Norway. As some of you know, Mrs. Bogert also has some love for music. She has a passion for singing, playing the guitar, and playing the violin. She put her musical skills on display when she performed in front on the high school at the talent show.

I asked Mrs. Bogert what is her favorite part of her job and she told me that seeing kids get excited about CTE, as well as seeing kids leading and developing their skills. Some advice she would like to leave her readers with is to take advantage of opportunities, maintain a positive attitude, and continue to learn. Mrs. Bogert also informed me that they have done some advertising in the Corry Journal thanking businesses for their help in honor of CTE month. Additionally, articles have been sent out to the CTE staff, thanking them for all of their hard work.

The CTE month celebration has also been announced over the morning announcements in an attempt to spread the word. Mrs. Bogert said that SkillsUSA is celebrating CTE month by starting a door-decorating contest.

I would like to thank Mrs. Bogert for taking the time out of her day to answer my questions. If you see Mrs. Bogert around, give her a thank you for all the great work she does for our CTE program.