Convivial Caden

Caden+Beckford

Caden Beckford

Skylar Beckford, Reporter

After sitting down with Caden Beckford, student at Corry High School, I was fortunate enough to learn a few new things about him. Born in Maryland, Caden has moved all over Pennsylvania ever since he could remember. He is currently 14 years old and is a freshman.

When asked what his favorite thing to do is, he answers, “I love gaming. It’s so awesome getting to pretend you’re in a different universe fighting monsters.” Of course, as a follow-up, I had to find out what game Caden currently has his eye on. “Call of Duty, duh,” Caden jokes, with a huge smile on his face.

Since Caden has just entered ninth grade, I was curious on his thoughts of becoming a freshman. “Honestly, high school isn’t as scary as it seems. It’s a little different from middle school, but I like it. I’m getting good grades and I’m happy.”

When he isn’t gaming or at school, he’s usually outside or spending time with his family. He describes it as, “the only way to let everything out and have fun.” Caden is very active and gym is his favorite class in school because he loves the rush he gets from running and playing dodge ball.

Caden also talks about his family, and how important they are to him. “I love all of my family, but my dad is my favorite because he’s one of the funniest people I know and he works really hard,” he says. “He is always making me laugh even when I am not in a good mood.”

After being asked about his plans for the future, Caden ends the interview with a piece of advice. “I’m not sure what I’ll be doing. But that’s fine, because as long as you’re happy and safe, it’s okay not to know.”